What if I have more questions? Call the church office for answers - 919-876-5796.
Kim Lamb, the lead pastor for St. James United Methodist Church, has helped establish and grow nontraditional worship in two other congregations prior to her arrival at St. James. Her commitment to worship comes out of four strongly held beliefs: First, worship is at the center of our Christian experience and therefore, our worship must be relevant to who we are and where we are in our faith journeys. Second, God calls us to excellence in worship, regardless of worship style, from greetings to music to message. Third, when worship is at its best, there are many involved; while there is one pastor, there are many in worship ministry each week - our greeters, our musicians, our soundboard crew, those who set up and take down - all are worship leaders! And fourth, there are no spectators in worship. Whether in the congregation singing or on the stage leading, all are participants in worship. We do this together!
Our Musical Style
The Common Thread band leads music that fills us with energy as we sing, that calls us close to our saving God, that draws us together in prayer and renewal, and that speaks to the message of the week. Music is a primary way we participate together in worship, and our band includes instruments and vocals melding together to sing praise. You will hear about the holiness of God in Revelation Song, about our decisions to follow our God who saves in Desert Song, and our freedom to live and love in I Am Free, and so very much more.
Questions You May Have
- Nursery Care: We have nursery care for children through the age of 3 throughout the morning every Sunday. See the Children's Page of this website for more details (the buttons to the left will guide you through the website).
- Directions to the Church: Are also found on the website! The map button and the visitor info button will give you directions to the church, and a campus map as well.
- Coffee: Come and drink coffee both before and after the service each week! Our lobby is the spot where coffee will be served, and this space will provide you the chance to meet other worshippers from all three of our worship services!
- Parking: We invite you to park in the lot near the church playground. Carson Hall is the large space with two sets of double doors on that parking lot. If you park in the upper lot, we will help you find your way to Carson Hall!
- What if I have more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your questions!